Eggs have been part of the human diet for a very long time and we don’t get tired of cooking them in many different ways. Excellent for breakfast as well as dinner, eggs are rich in protein and are the perfect way to start your day off right. Here are some techniques to cook them quickly and effortlessly without making a mess in the kitchen.
1. Peel your eggs effortlessly
- Fill half a container with water.
- Place your hard-boiled egg in the container.
- Put the lid on the container (make sure it is properly secured).
- Shake your container.
- Your hard-boiled egg will be shell-free!
2. Cook a poached egg
- Fill half a microwaveable cup with water.
- Crack an egg in the cup.
- Cover the cup with a small plate.
- Put the cup (with the plate on top) in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Enjoy your poached egg!
3. Remove shell fragments from your egg yolk
You just cracked an egg and a small shell fragment is stuck on the egg yolk? Use another piece of shell to scoop up the shell bit.
4. Scoop shell fragments from your egg white
If you have shell fragments in your egg white, simply soak your fingers in water and pick up the shells with your dampened fingers.
5. Cook a delicious fried egg
- Warm up a bowl by placing it in the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Grease your bowl with ½ a tablespoon of butter.
- Crack an egg in your buttered bowl.
- Take a knife and make a small incision in the center of the yolk.
- Cook your egg in the microwave for 50 seconds.
- Enjoy your fried egg.
6. Here’s a great tip to know if your eggs are still good
If you place an egg in a glass filled with water and it goes directly to the bottom of the glass it means that the egg is fresh.
7. Is it time to throw out your eggs?
If, however, you place an egg in a glass filled with water and it floats it means you should throw it out.
8. Easily separate the yolk from the egg white
- You will need two bowls.
- Crack your egg in one of the bowls.
- Take a clean and empty plastic bottle and place the mouth of the bottle right on top of the egg yolk.
- Press your bottle to suck in the egg yolk and then deposit it in the second bowl.
9. Prepare a quick meal for many people
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Crack an egg in each mould. Add salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 17-20 minutes.
- Add your cooked eggs in-between English muffins with a slice of ham or bacon and a slice of cheese.
10. Prepare a hard-boiled egg with (practically) no effort
- Fill a coffeemaker with 6 cups of water.
- Place 3 eggs in the decanter.
- Turn on your coffee machine.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Peel your hard-boiled eggs and enjoy.