Although brown spots are not considered a health problem, we prefer not to have them, especially since they are generally clearly visible on our face, hands and around our chest, which is unflattering! Nevertheless, it has to be said that many people have brown spots.
If you start to see these unsightly spots on your body, here is some information about them and some natural and effective ways to get rid of them and regain beautiful, young skin.
1. Causes of brown spots
These large brown spots on the skin are the first symptoms of aging. To prevent and eliminate them, you must first know the exact cause of their appearance.
They are usually the result of excessive exposure to sunlight and UV rays. They can be caused by excessive exposure to UV rays without the use of sunscreen or by regular visits to tanning salons. The more time you spend tanning, the more melanin appears on your body, creating the appearance of these unsightly spots. Even if the dark complexion disappears, the brown spots remain on the skin.
2. Are brown spots dangerous?
If you think these stains may endanger your health, do not hesitate to consult a doctor. Brown spots are safe, but it is better to consult a health specialist if you do:
- They turn red;
- They have shapes with strange contours;
- The color changes and becomes darker;
- The form changes or grows.
If your brown spots are not worrying, you can try to make them disappear or reduce their appearance with these natural tips.
3. Exfoliate your skin
You can exfoliate your skin to remove brown spots if they have appeared recently. Indeed, if you have brown spots for only 1 or 2 months, they should only be limited to the upper layers of your skin, layers that you can remove with a good scrub.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of natural honey (crystallized) and brown sugar.
- Leave the mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before using it.
- Apply it to your face with circular movements.
- Press lightly on the skin while you exfoliate your skin.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
4. Nourish your skin with castor oil
Castor oil is known to be nourishing. It is not for nothing that it is used for nail care. You can use this oil to get rid of your brown spots. To do this, apply it to your spots twice a day.
5. Homemade mask with lemon and honey
Why not make a lemon and honey mask to remove your brown spots? Here’s how to do it:
- Mix the juice of half a lemon with 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Apply this homemade mask to your face.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse your face.
6. Homemade milk powder and citrus exfoliator
Another way to get rid of brown spots is to do a homemade exfoliant with powdered milk and citrus fruits. Here is the recipe:
- Take a teaspoon of water and add a teaspoon of milk powder and the juice of citrus fruit.
- Mix all these ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to your face with circular movements.
- Rinse your face.
7. Use vitamin E treatment
Put pure vitamin E oil on your brown spots and massage your skin. Do this treatment every day so that your brown spots disappear.
8. Try apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an ingredient that works wonders for the skin. All you have to do to get rid of your brown spots is to put cider vinegar on your brown spots, let this ingredient work for a few minutes and rinse your skin. We suggest that you do this treatment every day to get the best results.
9. Reduce the appearance of your brown spots with papaya
You can blur your brown spots by making yourself a papaya facial mask. Here’s how you do it:
- Cut a papaya in half.
- Using a food processor, reduce your fruit pieces to a paste.
- Apply this paste to your face and neck and leave on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your face with water.
10. Choose aloe vera
Aloe vera is a plant with many virtues. Not only does it help to moisturize the skin and relieve sunburn, but it can also remove brown spots:
- Break the tip of an aloe vera leaf and squeeze it to get its gel.
- Apply the gel to brown spots.
You can also buy aloe vera gel in stores.
11. Apply an onion to your brown spots
Onion, like lemon, helps to lighten brown spots:
- Peel an onion and slice it.
- Using a cotton pad, place onion rings on your brown spots for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse your skin with soap and water to eliminate odors.
12. Remove stains with turmeric
Turmeric is particularly effective against brown spots. Here is a very simple recipe to make at home:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice that you have freshly squeezed.
- Put this mixture on your brown spots and wait 15 minutes, until the solution is dry.
- Rinse with cold water.
13. Another natural recipe
This recipe was revealed by a popular dermatologist who claims that this procedure has helped hundreds of his patients. Here’s how to prepare this simple juice recipe with two basic ingredients and apply it to the stains:
- Cut a fresh onion.
- Put the pieces in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the organic apple cider vinegar and prepare a homogeneous mixture.
You must soak a cotton wool make-up remover in the mixture and apply it to brown spots. Do it every day for 2 to 4 weeks. The first effects will be noticeable after one week. Continue until the age spots have completely disappeared.
14. Warning Notice
The appearance of brown spots cannot be completely avoided, but you should still reduce the amount of time you spend in the sun and always use sunscreen even in winter to keep it to a minimum. Also avoid tanning salons, as they can seriously damage your skin.