We’ve come to fall in love with the microwave for many reasons. Whether it’s for its convenient size or for its awesome features, we have to admit it became an essential tool for the kitchen.
Get to know how you can save time or save the day with healthy nourishing meals for the family or other unusual uses with only the help of your microwave.
Here are 10 tricks you probably didn’t know your microwave can do.
10. Removing a Stamp
Have you ever accidentally addressed a letter wrong? Perhaps, you are writing sending V.I.P invitations and you got someone’s name wrong right after you put the stamp on. NO PROBLEM!
- Grab the enveloppe.
- Use indeed just a few drops of water directly on the stink.
- Place the enveloppe in the microwave fro 20 seconds.
- Easily peel the stamp off with just a bit of pride
9. Mood for bacon
If you got no time for cooking, but you’re in the mood for a bacony snack, no worries.
- Grab a plate and a bowl. Turn the bowl upside down in the plate.
- Lay several bacon slices on the top of the bowl.
- Now toss in the microwave for about one minute for each slice that you use.
- Add a scott towel on top to limit the damage of grease splattering everywhere.
The grease will drip right down the bowl and onto the plate. Let it cool down and eat.
8. Let’s talk corn
- Remove the husk and wrap it with a damp paper towel
- Toss the roll in the microwave for NO MORE than three minutes.
- Do not take it out of there with your hands. Use pliers or anything else that can do the job.
In less than 5 minutes, you have a healthy snack. Season as wanted and enjoy!
7. Avoid risks of Salmonella
Your cutting board gets a high dose of meat and we definitely don’t want to get Salmonella all over everything when we don’t have time to wash it 5 times in between.
- Wet your board.
- Add a coat of soap.
- Place in the microwave for one minute.
Your board is now sterilized.
6. Refresh a donut
All sweet tooth will be happy to learn this trick. If you have some two-day old stale doughnuts use this to refresh them.
- Warm it up in the microwave for 10 to 12 second. No longer!
If you only believe what your eyes can see, make sure to watch the video bellow.
5. Cleaning a mess in the microwave
Using chemicals products will leave and unpleasant smell.
- Grab a lemon.
- Cut it into two pieces.
- Fill a bowl with water and squeeze a bit of the lemon juice out.
- Drop the lemon in.
- Toss the whole thing in for five minutes.
The water will boil with the lemon and leave citric acid. This will help cleaning your mess.
4. Cutting an onion
Avoid crying like a baby while cutting your onion. Simply cut the ends off and place it in the microwave for 30 seconds. This will release most of the gas that tends to make us cry. Now, you can cut your onion with no more tears!
3. Homemade chips
Craving for munchies, but you are out chips?
- Grab a nice-looking taters.
- Slice them thin. About 1/8 of an inch.
- Make some nice even layers and place them individually on a plate.
- Set in the microwave for 3 minutes. You will need to flip them over before adding another 3 minutes. Keep an eye on them.
- Season with your favorite flavor and enjoy!
2. DIY heating pad
You will never know when a back or neck pain will hit you. You also may not have your heating pad laying around. Here is a very simple solution.
- Grab a nice clean sock and flip it up with uncooked or dry rice.
- Tie off the top of your sock and heat for a couple minutes.
Afterwards, you are going to have a nice heating pad. You can not apply this dry heating pad to any aching part of your body.
1. Nasty dish sponge
Here are the steps to refresh your old dirty dish sponge.
- Get it wet.
- Add a coat of dish soap.
Heat for about a minute to kill off any bacteria.
If you only believe what your eyes can see, watch the video bellow.