If Reese’s small peanut butter bites are your favorite sweet snacks, we’ll give you some good reasons to stop eating them even though they are sold everywhere and it is simply impossible to ignore them.
However, we know how to make you switch to a new favorite snack, because Reese’s mouthfuls are the last thing you need to put in your mouth.
Bit of History: The Reese were first introduced to the world in 1928 by Mr. Reese. The farmer was also a foreman of Milton S. Hershey. He created the sweet snack, which caused him to leave his dairy production business. His creation was an excellent business to replace its old one.
These bites comes in many shapes, sizes and varieties. Yes, we all like chocolate and peanut butter, but who would like to eat TBHQ? The main ingredients of these Reese mouthfuls are: milk chocolate, peanuts, sugar dextrose, salt, TBHQ and citric acid (milk, chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate, milk fat, lactose, soy lecithin, PGPR).
About 93% of soy is genetically modified. Soya lecithin affects fertility and reproduction. It can even cause severe disease and brain abnormalities. Also, researchers claim that it can trigger the development of abnormal cancer cells.
Polyglycerol polyricinoleate is used to replace cocoa butter. an economic option into the production’s process. PGRP is obtained from castor seeds and reduces the viscosity of chocolate. Studies have shown that it causes gastrointestinal problems and allergies in children.
Tertiary butylhidroquinone is obtained from petroleum and is toxic. TBHQ causes nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium and collapse. It can severely damage the lungs and umbilical cells. Some researchers believe that it can also cause stomach cancer. As for children, TBHQ causes anxiety, agitation and symptoms of ADHD intensified.
Here Is What You Should Do
We know! The taste of Reese is like paradise, we also know you do not want to put your health at risk, do you? If you’re crazy about peanut butter, you’ll love our homemade version. You can buy bite-sized organic peanut butter or simply make your own mouthfuls.
- 12 muffins moulds
- 12 oz of organic dark chocolate
- 1 cup bio peanuts butter
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 1/4 tsp organic salt
Cut the muffin cups to make them shallow.
Melt the dark chocolate with steam for 1 to 2 minutes, but do not overcook.
Pour the melted chocolate into your muffin cups. Use a teaspoon to make it. Freeze them.
Combine your peanut butter, honey and salt in a bowl. Heat the mixture in a small saucepan. You do not need very high heat.
Pour the peanut butter mixture into your now frozen cups, but make sure to leave some space on top for another layer of chocolate.
Put the bites in your refrigerator for 10 minutes, then flatten the butter.
Put the cups in your refrigerator for another hour.
Your chocolate will have hardened in the meantime, so it will have to be reheated. Add a layer of chocolate on top of your mouthfuls. Put them in your refrigerator.
Your homemade peanut butter bites are ready! Enjoy it! Check out the video below if you need to convince yourself more than you should try it!
- Try Living Organic
- Healthy Food Team
- Natural News