Flies constantly surround and bother us in the summer. They live for about a month during which they multiply constantly and every year, the fight against them is far from over. Fortunately, there are natural and effective ways to get rid of these annoying parasites. First of all, learn their weaknesses to get rid of them. They are naturally attracted to smell and light, so herbs and essential oils with strong perfumes can serve as natural repellents. It’s your turn to win the fight! Here are 3 ways to naturally repel flies.
7. Lemon with cloves
Flies hate the smell of cloves and when you combine it with lemon, they will really stay away.
- You must cut the lemons into halves and place the cloves directly into the pulp.
- Then place the lemon on your table and you will have no more problem with flies!
6. The anti-fly spray
You can easily get rid of flies using a homemade repellent. Because of their strong smell, you can use essential oils, such as lemongrass and peppermint to eliminate flies.
- 2 tablespoons diluted liquid dish soap
- 10-12 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 10-12 drops of citronella essential oil
- 1 spray bottle
- 1 cup of water
- Mix water and soap in the spray bottle
- Then add 10 to 12 drops of peppermint essential oil and 10 to 12 drops of lemongrass essential oil.
- Close the bottle and shake.
- Spray this mixture every 2 weeks.
5. Oils and a sponge
- Lavender essential oil
- Jar with a top
- You must apply several drops of lavender essential oil to the sponge, then place it in the jar.
- Close it firmly and leave it for several hours or until the next morning to make the smell stronger.
- Then you can open it a little and place it in your house.
4. A vinegar-based soap
If you find that your fruit flies are resistant to plastic wrap, try adding three drops of dish soap in a bowl of vinegar and leave it uncovered. The soap cuts the surface tension of the vinegar so that flies can drown in it.
3. A paper cone and a piece of fruit
Here’s another tip for trapping fruit flies:
Place a little vinegar and a piece of very ripe fruit in a jar.
Roll a piece of paper in a cone and place it in the pot, with the narrow opening facing down. The fruit flies will go into the pot, but they won’t be able to get out.
2. To get rid of flies, you don’t need many things…
All you have to do is fill a plastic zip lock bag with water and a few other household items. Then, goodbye flies! First, pour two and a half cups of water into a mixing bowl. Then add a generous handful of salt and between two and three jets of lemon juice. Mix these ingredients together. Once you have finished with this, pour the solution into a plastic sandwich bag. The last step is to add a few pennies to the bag (check under the sofa or in the bottom of your handbag).
The contents inside each bag have natural insect repellent properties that will keep them away from your home. This method is durable, because all you need is a small part of the ingredients. Finally, take your bag filled with the solution and money and hang it over your front door or entrance to your home. Say goodbye to the flies and enjoy your summer in peace!
1. You can also get rid of flies with your children’s nerve gun
- Healthy Food House
- Woman Positive