It is not uncommon to have blemishes, such as pimples or acne problems. These can occur during a period of stress, a hormonal change or because of a poor diet. Although these imperfections are unpleasant, they can be remedied with some natural remedies. In fact, homemade masks can help improve the appearance of our skin. Discover, without further delay, masks you can prepare in the comfort of your own homemade with natural ingredients.
1. Active charcoal
Active charcoal can help you fight pimples and enlarged pores. To take advantage of its properties, mix one teaspoon active charcoal powder with a few drops of lavender essential oil and nigella seed oil. Once you get a paste, add some apple cider vinegar and apply the mixture to your face. Make sure it dries, then rinse with warm water.
2. Avocado and honey
You can improve the appearance of your skin with the help of a honey and avocado-based mask. Here is how to do it:
- Purée a ¼ avocado;
- Add 1 tablespoon honey;
- Apply the mix on your skin and leave it on for 15 minutes;
- Rinse your face with warm water then with cold water.
Did you know that you could fight pimples with garlic? You only have to crush 2 or 3 garlic cloves and mix them with a little aloe vera gel to form a paste. Wait 10 minutes, take a cotton swab, then apply the mixture to places with pimples. Wait another 10 minutes and rinse your skin with cold water.
4. Yogurt and cucumber
Yogurt and cucumber can help fight against problems of excess sebum as well as dilated pores.
- Peel the cucumber and cut it into small pieces;
- Put them in a food processor with 120g of plain Greek yogurt and 1 teaspoon powdered milk;
- Mix all your ingredients until you get a smooth paste;
- Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 15 minutes;
- Rinse your skin with warm water.
5. Tea tree essential oil
If you want to treat your pimples while brightening your skin, why not mix a drop or two of tea tree essential oil with a teaspoon of honey? Just apply this mixture on your pimples for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse your skin after!
Turmeric is very useful to fight the bacteria that causes face inflammation. It also helps to combat oily skin problems. Be careful when you make a turmeric mask, because this spice is very messy.
- Make a paste with 4 tablespoons of turmeric, 1 tablespoon milk and 4 tablespoons honey.
- Place your mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Take a warm shower or place a hot and humid towel on your face for 5 minutes.
- Massage your face for 10 minutes with the mask and leave it on all night.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
7. Egg whites and lemon juice
- Beat the egg white until you get a mousse.
- Add the lemon juice to your egg white.
- Apply the mix to your skin and wait 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
8. Aloe vera
Here is an antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal face mask against acne. Mix a handful of holy basil leaves with one handful of neem leaves in water and add aloe vera to form a paste. Put this paste on your acne, let it dry and rinse your face with warm water.
9. Honey, lemon and cinnamon
This mask helps soothe the skin and moisturizes it while reducing inflammation caused by acne. It is also a good way to exfoliate while treating your scars.
- Mix 2 tablespoons honey with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the juice of a lemon slice in a bowl.
- Apply the mask to your face.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face.
10. Honey and aspirin
Why not make a mask with honey and aspirin? These are two ingredients that you probably already have at home.
- Crush 2-3 aspirins in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon water. Mix.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix your ingredients.
- If the texture is too thick, you can add a bit more honey.
- Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
Astuces de Grand-Mères