For too long, we have longed for the summer season with its heat and sun rays. What’s better than spending your lazy afternoons in your backyard relaxing? However, the sun can sometimes be quite strong from noon to 14h, sometimes so strong that we’d rather avoid being outside altogether. Here are 10 clever ways to create shade so you can take advantage of your garden or your patio no matter the time of day all summer long.
1. Install a decorative lattice on the top of your pergola to protect yourself from the sun
2. Use a reed carpet on a fencing panel by way of a bent sunshade
3. Why not install a retractable sunshade system?
4. Pull-down Venitian shutters are pretty and practical
5. Install a rail and curtains above your patio
6. If you have a green thumb, recycle your trampoline frame and create a plant shelter
7. Use bamboo shutters and create a roof for your pergola
8. Hang a triangular piece of fabric around your trees
9. Create a homemade sun umbrella with wood slats and metallic supports
10. Plan a shaded area on your pergola with a square structure