You all have salt in your kitchen, but do you really know all of its utilities? Certainly, you use salt to enhance the taste of your dishes, but it can be useful to you much more! Whether it is to clean residues from your kitchen utensils, to unclog your pipes or to disinfect a wound, you can use this seasoning for several household uses!
Unfortunately, the many virtues of salt are unknown. It is an excellent preservative, deodorizer, antiseptic and desiccant, in addition to remineralizing your body, exfoliating your skin, soothe your sore throat and open your appetite!
However, its utilities do not end there!
A Powerful Line Drainer
Your pipes give you a hard time? Do not call a plumber and do not buy chemicals to unclog them. It’s no good to ruin you while the oldsalt-based tricks of grandmother have already proved their worth and don’t forget, they are natural and economical!
- 1 Cup white vinegar
- 1/4 Cup of salt
- 1/4 Cup of baking soda
- Mix all ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into your sink and let it act for a few minutes.
- You should see a chemical reaction, such as a sparkle. This means that the mixture dissolves the fat deposits that block your pipeline.
- Pour a pot of boiling water to relieve the pressure.
5 Surprising Ways to Use Salt
- Salt is an excellent scaler. You can use it to revive a carpet, keep your flowers longer, eliminate stains of rust or wine or restore shine to cooking utensils or bathtub. You can sprinkle salt on half a lemon and rub the surface of your iron for descaling, for example.
- To wash your floor, add 1/2 cup of salt to your water. Your floors will become bright!
- To wash a burned cauldron or an enamelled saucepan, put salt and let it act for two hours. Then you can wash them very easily!
- If you still have food residues stuck on your utensils, rub them with fine salt and sprinkle them with baking soda before incorporating boiling vinegar. Let them soak in the solution for a few hours, then they will shine like a star!
- When you use a sponge for household cleaning, it becomes dirty. To clean it, just let it soak overnight in water that you will have salty with heavy salt.
Source: Santé+ Magazine