Cut flowers are the perfect touch to embellish a house and give it a delicious aroma. The only problem is their limited life span. How often did you cut some of your favourite flowers from your backyard garden, receive a wonderful bouquet as a gift or bought a pretty flower arrangement at the farmer’s market only for it to end up in the compost container only days later? If there is one thing we dislike as much as we love flowers, it is how little we truly get to enjoy them before they wilt.
However, there are ways to extend the beautiful days of your cut flowers. But did you know that there are a few easy and simple things that you can do to enjoy your fresh cut flowers longer? Here’s a tip to bring joy to your home and make your pretty bouquets of flowers fade more slowly.
10 ml white vinegar
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
250 ml water at room temperature
A clean vase
2. Steps to follow to preserve flowers
1. First, remove the bottom leaves. This will prevent them from soaking in water and moulding at the bottom of the vase.
2. Cut the stems at an angle about 2 cm from the bottom.
3. Pour the vinegar and powdered sugar into a clean vase.
4. Fill the vessel with water.
Cut the stems of the flowers every 2 days.
Source : Grands-mères.net